This blog is my collection of healthy recipes and other health and nutrition related information from all over the web. This is just my way of sharing all the healing goodness with my family and friends.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Healthy Smoothies


As a rule, I always add seeds to my smoothies. Here is my usual mix 1 tsp each of Chia seeds, Sesame seeds (black or white), flax (seeds or powder) and hulled hemp seeds. 
(More about seeds and balancing your hormones here)

1) Ginger, Berries & Oats (179 CALORIES)
1/4 cup prepared oatmeal + 1/4 cup milk + 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger + 1 cup fresh blackberries + 1/2 cup sliced strawberries + 1 teaspoon honey + 1/2 cup ice  

2) Watermelon with a Hint of Mint (98 CALORIES)
2 cups seedless watermelon + 2 tablespoons fresh mint + 1/3 cup plain yogurt  

3) Peaches & Cream (231 CALORIES)
1 1/2 cups sliced fresh peaches + 1/2 cup buttermilk + 1/2 medium banana + 2 teaspoons honey + 1/2 cup crushed ice  

4) Creamy Mango, Avocado & Lime (191 CALORIES)
1/4 cup sliced avocado + 1 cup sliced Champagne mango + 1 tablespoon lime juice + 1 tablespoon fresh mint + 1 teaspoon honey + 2 cups crushed ice  



No comments: