This blog is my collection of healthy recipes and other health and nutrition related information from all over the web. This is just my way of sharing all the healing goodness with my family and friends.

Friday, March 20, 2015

Triphala Honey Facepack & Scrub

As I have mentioned here in the past, I try to avoid all commercially produced beauty products. I have a few trusty home beauty remedies that work well for me. I have been using a almond flour+oil scrub for a long time. But recently I came across this Ayurvedic concoction which in my opinion does wonders for your skin. It's a mix of all the herbs and spices that you would normally have in your kitchen - each of them individually have some spectacular properties and when used together as a face mask they produce stunning results. And as always it would be best if you used all organic ingredients.

Ingredients:

  • 1 tsp triphala powder
  • 1 tsp nutmeg powder
  • 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
  • 1tbsp honey
  • few dried rose peatals (optional)
Process:
  1. Mix all the ingredients together - the honey will turn it into a thick paste - but that helps it stick well to the skin without any dripping mishaps. 
  2. You can do without rose petals - but adding them not only enhances the exfoliation factor but it gives a wonderful aroma to the whole thing
  3. Apply it dry skin for at least 15 mins and then gently scrub the mask off by using wet hands. I try and scrub it softly for 5 mins by the watch. 
  4. If you feel the need - you could also put the paste on your lips too. 
  5. Then wash it all off for radiant results.

Just to give you an idea of the consistency.

1 comment:

Laghari Bedi said...

Thanks for sharing this informative information about Organic Triphala Powder with us. It's very helpful. Keep it up!