This blog is my collection of healthy recipes and other health and nutrition related information from all over the web. This is just my way of sharing all the healing goodness with my family and friends.

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Raspberry Chia Jam - Super Simple

As much as I love trying our new creative recipes, I love making basics such as pasta sauce, tahini or nut butters. One thing that I never thought of trying was making jam at home - the idea never allured me - it seemed like wasting fresh fruit to me. But boy was I wrong !! this Raspberry jam is so simple and tastes divine - way way better than the store bought variety.


Here is how to go about it:
Ingredients:
  • 3 cups fresh raspberries (can use frozen too)
  • 1 juice of orange
  • 1/4th cup honey (can use agave or maple syrup)
  • 2 tbs chia seeds
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • small pinch of cinnamon
  • dash of salt (v.v little)
Instructions:
  1. Add raspberries, orange juice and honey in a pan - and bring it all to a boil (try and keep the flame on medium low)
  2. After a boil - add the chia seeds and turn the flame down to minimum and let it simmer for about 15 mins (Next time, I am planning to add chia seeds after I remove it from the stove)
  3. Take it off the stove - add vanilla, cinnamon and sea salt.
  4. Chill in the fridge

No comments: