This blog is my collection of healthy recipes and other health and nutrition related information from all over the web. This is just my way of sharing all the healing goodness with my family and friends.

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Greek Salad with Sundried Tomatoes & Olives

This is one of the first few salads that I learnt to make and it's still one of those recipes that I turn to whenever I need to whip up a quick and healthy lunch. Its super easy to make if you discount the amount of chopping involved (working moms can chop the veggies in advance if need be).
INGREDIENTS
  • Mixed Salad Greens
  • A few handfuls diced Bell Peppers, use a variety of colors
  • A few handfuls Cherry Tomatoes, sliced in half
  • Cucumber - diced (I prefer Persian ones)
  • Small red onion - diced
  • Handful of Green Onions
  • A handful of Kalamata Olives
  • 1/2 cup thinly sliced Sundried Tomatoes (I use dried ones - use kitchen scissors to cut them)
  • Few pinches of Garlic Powder (optional)
  • Black Pepper & salt
  • Dressing: Squeeze Lemon Juice & drizzle Olive Oil
  • Crumbled Feta cheese/ Goat cheese (totally optional - I use goat cheese once in a while)
  • Chopped dill & parsley or cilantro (optional)


METHOD
Start with the salad greens - at times I chop them a bit - so they are easier to eat
Add all the veggies
Top with sun-dried tomatoes, Olives, cheese (if using), salt & pepper, garlic powder
Add the Lime juice and olive oil
Garnish with chopped dill & parsley or cilantro 
Recipe Source: FamilyFreshCooking


No comments: