This blog is my collection of healthy recipes and other health and nutrition related information from all over the web. This is just my way of sharing all the healing goodness with my family and friends.

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Steamed Cabbage tikkis/cutlets

To be honest I had my doubts about how would this turn out to be - the idea of cabbage in pakoras didn't sound too appealing. But since I love the steamed Dal dumplings that I make regularly I decided to try them out - and to my surprise they were quite yummy and easy too. It makes for a quick snack on weekend afternoons. 
I tried two versions of this - one was plain steamed and the other was shallow fried on the tawa but difference here was that you fry them after they have been steamed thus reducing the amount of oil and time used. 

Ingredients:
1/2 cup besan (chickpea flour)
1tbsp suji
1 cup cabbage - finely chopped
1 tbsp each ginger+garlic+green chilly - paste
1 tsp haldi
1 tsp ajwain
handful of cilantro - chopped
salt
oil - I used coconut

Process:
  • Mix all the ingredients with a little water to form a thick paste - thick enough to form tikkis/cutlets
  • I used my steamer basket to steam them - grease the basket with little bit of oil and place the tikkis
  • Steam for 5-7 minutes approx - do the toothpick test to check if they are fully cooked 
  • If you want them fried then put the tikkis immediately on a hot tawa with a bit of oil - the outside will get crisp and brown pretty quickly.
  • Serve with any chutney - I like dhaniya chuntey with it. 
Recipe Source: Health Food Desi Videshi



Both steamed and fried versions

No comments: