This blog is my collection of healthy recipes and other health and nutrition related information from all over the web. This is just my way of sharing all the healing goodness with my family and friends.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Spinach Carrot Muffins

These muffins make a tasty and healthy snack or can be eaten during lunch. I was super excited to make them over last weekend but the big bummer came when I realized I had forgotten to add baking powder to the mixture. By the time I realized my mistake, the muffins were already half baked - so the end result was not as fluffy and light as I had expected but I ate them nevertheless considering all the good stuff that went into them.

Makes 12 small muffins
Ingredients
  • 1 cup buckwheat flour
  • 1/3 cup cornflour (this is not corn starch but real corn flour)
  • 1 tsp baking powder (V.Imp)
  • 3 tbsp flax seeds - powdered
  • 1/2 tsp salt & pepper
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg powder
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup yogurt 
  • 200 g fresh spinach leaves (roughly chopped)
  • 2 carrots (grated)
  • 1/2 onion (grated)
  • 1/2 lime (juice) 
  • 1 clove garlic (mashed)
  • top with: 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds


Process

  • Set the oven at 350°F.
  • Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside. 
  • Whip egg and yogurt in another bowl. 
  • Add spinach, carrots, onion, lemon and garlic, stir for a minute and then add all the dry ingredients.
  • Pour in muffin tins, top with pumpkin seeds and bake for 25 minutes.
Recipe Source: Green Kitchen Stories


2 comments:

Anu Sharma said...

great that you have no sweet muffins. just1/2 tsp salt ?is enough

Unknown said...

Yup, it was enough plus you as it is take less salt