This blog is my collection of healthy recipes and other health and nutrition related information from all over the web. This is just my way of sharing all the healing goodness with my family and friends.

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Broccoli Roll w/d Leftover Chapati

This is one of my all time favorite recipes to make on a weekday morning especially if we had made chapati's the night before. Its simple, tasty and healthy and requires very few ingredients.

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup besan (chickpeas flour)
  • 1 bunch broccolini
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 1/2 tsp of ajwain (carom seeds)
  • 1/2 tsp haldi (turmeric)
  • Red chilly powder to taste
  • salt and pepper
  • Ghee for cooking
  • Sriracha (optional)

Process:
  • Make a thick paste of besan by adding all the masalas in it. 
  • Add a bit of oil in pant and add diced garlic. Cut the broccoli/broccolini in small bite sized pieces and add it to the pan. Let it cook for a few minute - I take them off when they are still crunchy
  • Smear the besan on one side of the chapati and put it on hot greased tawa- besan side down. Cook it well - the chapati will start coming off the tawa and then you can cook it a bit on the other side too if you want too - I usually skip it.
  • Put the broccoli on the besan roti, I add a bit of Sriracha sauce and roll the roti in half moon.
  • You can eat it with a side of dahi. I also added some alfa alfa sprouts

No comments: