This blog is my collection of healthy recipes and other health and nutrition related information from all over the web. This is just my way of sharing all the healing goodness with my family and friends.

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Asian Style Green Beans

Let me start by saying that this is by far the easiest way to make beans - the only work involved is the time it takes to chop up the beans. It's one of the meals that I end up making at least once a month because its so simple and not to mention super tasty. The recipe involves one special sauce - Hoisin Sauce - I suggest you not to skip it as it forms the base for the recipe. We usually serve this over a bed of grain - rice, quinoa, millet, barley whatever I have on hand.

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 pound green beans - cut into 1 inch pieces
  • 1 tbsp Sesame oil (or any other oil)
  • 2-3 scallions - chopped only the green part (optional)
Sauce:

  • 1 clove garlic - minced
  • 1 inch (2tsp approx) ginger - minced
  • 2 tbsp Hoisin Sauce ( I use this brand)
  • 1-2 tbsp Rice Vinegar
  • 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
  • 2 tsp soy sauce
  • 1 tsp red pepper flakes

NOTES:
  • Plz keep in mind that tbsp= table spoon & tsp=tea spoon

PROCESS:
  1. Cut the green beans into 1 inch pieces
  2. Heat the sesame oil in a pan on medium heat. Add the green beans and sauté them for about 5-7 minutes. Cook them to your desired preference - I like ours a bit crunchy so I keep an eye on them and stir quite frequnetly
  3. Mix the sauce ingredients together and add it to the cooked beans - stir to coat all the beans and cook for about 1 min
  4. Serve immediately over the grain of your choice.



No comments: