This blog is my collection of healthy recipes and other health and nutrition related information from all over the web. This is just my way of sharing all the healing goodness with my family and friends.

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Tofu Manchurian

This is the easiest and the tastiest way to make tofu. I was never a big fan of tofu until I tried it this way. I learnt this recipe from a friend's husband and it has been a favorite of mine ever since. I have made it for lot of people, most of whom were not fond of Tofu and it was always a hit. So if you are a tofu novice then this is the recipe to start with. The best part about this is that you can keep the sauce thick to serve it as an appetizer or make it more like gravy to serve with rice or any other grain. And did I mention it takes no more than 20 minutes to whip this up:

Serves 2

INGREDIENTS:
  • 4-5 bunches Scallions (Green onions) - only the green part
  • 8 0z Tofu (Firm) (Brand I use)
  • 1 tbsp ginger - minced
  • 1tbsp garlic - minced
  • Salt 
  • Pepper
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
Sauce
PROCESS:
  1. Chop the green part of onions and sauté them lightly for a couple of minutes - make sure you do not overcook them especially if you are making this as an appetizer. 
  2. Chop the tofu into 1 inch pieces and keep aside.
  3. Add the minced ginger and garlic 
  4. Mix in all the ingredients of the sauce - and add it to the green onions.
  5. Add salt and pepper  to taste - while adding salt remember that the dish already has soy sauce so you might need very little additional salt.
  6. Add tofu pieces
  7. Serve as it is or on a bed of brown rice or quinoa or any other grain of your choice.



No comments: