This blog is my collection of healthy recipes and other health and nutrition related information from all over the web. This is just my way of sharing all the healing goodness with my family and friends.

Friday, April 24, 2015

Kala Chana & Chickpea Green Medley



For the longest time, I used chickpeas only to make the traditional Indian chole curry but since that time I have started exploring different cuisines, I have used chole/chickpeas a lot more in my cooking especially in salads etc. This salad is one such example, the original recipe calls for chickpeas but I had boiled kaale chane (bengal gram) in the fridge which I added as well. They both tasted good and I would probably make it next time with just kaale chane. Let me also tell you that this salad tastes much better than it looks, so don't hesitate to try it out.

Serves 2
INGREDIENTS

  • 2 cups cooked chickpeas/ kaale chane (3/4th cup uncooked)
  • 4-5 cups chopped spinach
  • 1 cup cilantro/ parsley- chopped ( I used cilantro)
  • 1/2 red onion - diced
Dressing:

  • 1/2 cup lime juice
  • 1 garlic clove minced
  • 1tsp ground cumin
  • 1/2 tsp maple syrup
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • salt and pepper to taste
PROCESS:
  1. Wash the spinach and cilantro and put in a food processor and chop it until its super small
  2. Put the chickpeas in a big mixing bowl and add the spinach-cilantro mix to it.
  3. Make the dressing by mixing all the ingredients in a small bowl
  4. Pour the dressing over the chickpea and greens mixture.
  5. Ideally, let it sit for 10-15 mins at least to let the flavors develop



No comments: